Sunday, October 31, 2021

Where is Earth Store Bodhisattva?

 I have been very stressful lately and facing many issues at home and at the office. Life is hellish for me. It was at this time that I discovered Earth Store Bodhisattva suddenly. 

The Earth Store Bodhisattva is typically depicted as wandering in the hell regions, busy rescuing the hell denizens from the depths of seemingly infinite sufferings. As we know from the Earth Store Bodhisattva Sutra, he made a great vow not to achieve Buddhahood until all the hells are empty. But you know what? The hells will never be empty because there will always be ignorant beings committing various negative karma and be born into the hell regions, whether the hot hells or the cold hells or the other types of hells. 

Karma is born out of an ignorant mind. So, mind makes the whole world manifest. When we are suffering deeply, that is the manifestation of the hell suffering... even if the physical hell does not manifest, certainly in our minds, it is equivalent to hellish mental torture. That was my condition. And in that moment, suddenly I realise that I need not think that the Earth Store Bodhisattva is very far away from me in the hell regions. In actual fact, wherever there is suffering, RIGHT THERE is the EARTH STORE BODHISATTVA. Yes, be confident he is right there with us when we are suffering deeply. He knows and feels our pain. He gives us hope by being there with us. Through his deep vows, he is able to gradually relief us from suffering. 

My dharma friends, brothers and sisters, 

Whenever you are suffering... or, if you are suffering deeply, ... and if hope seems lost, .... don't lose faith...  chant the NAME of Earth Store Bodhisattva. 

Namo Kstigarbha Bodhisattva

Or.... Namo Ti Tsang Pu Sa (in Chinese language)

repeat many times over and over while looking at an image of him. An image from buddhajourney.net is reproduced below. You can use any image of him. 


After I realised this fact, my stress level reduced greatly and I knew I could always reach out to him anytime. You may not know this, but I think I have written here somewhere how Earth Store Bodhisattva responded to me after I consistently on daily basis chanted his name repeatedly. Search for the post. Thank you, Bodhisattva! Thank you very much!

If you enjoy this post, try reading another post -  https://buddha-and-me.blogspot.com/2012/12/where-is-medicine-buddha.html

#earthstorebodhisattva #jizo #ksitigarbha #hell 

No comments: