Monday, October 4, 2021

Shitennoji Temple: Paying homage to Shinran Shonin


Paying homage to my Shinran Shonin - my Pure Land Guru mentor! These pictures were taken in September 2015 about 6 years ago at Shitennoji temple in Osaka. Paying homage in front of his status is a wish come true for me personally.

The other 2 images are those of Buddhist Protectors called Ni-o in Japanese. They are also my protectors. I thought I really felt energised when I was in front of these 2 great protectors. Thank you, great Protectors!


As the international borders are starting to re-open, you may want consider visiting Japan, with its many Buddhist temples. I intent to visit Japan again in the future. 

Do read about my trip to Korea in this post - BUDDHA AND ME: My Trip to Hwa Gye Sa (buddha-and-me.blogspot.com)



#Shinran #Shitennoji #Japanesebuddhisttemple #Jodoshinshu #VisitJapan

No comments: