Saturday, July 30, 2022

Please Pray for Mo Lee Kai-Yin

1. ULLAMBANA

It’s the 7th lunar month already. It marks the month whereby all the unseen portals (or inter-dimensional gates) connecting our human realm with the preta realm are in a state of flux. It’s supposed to be easier for them to cross over here (and for you to cross over there too). At least this is the belief. As Buddhists, we must remain open-minded and exercise our bodhicitta beyond the tradition of Ullambana. It is popularly known as Month of Hungry Ghost. 

Here I am extending my prayers 😃 to any one of them that may accidentally wander into our realm. That's the first story.

2. PLEASE PRAY FOR MO LEE KAI-YIN

I'm putting my 2nd story in CAPITAL LETTERS to convey the seriously of this incident and the seriousness of my personal plea that you all also participant in some prayers (even if it is just for a brief moment) for the young man who got seriously hurt. 

I SEEK THE KINDNESS OF EVERYONE ALL TO KINDLY PRAY FOR THIS 27-YEAR OLD BOY BY THE NAME OF 

LEE KAI-YIN (ALSO KNOWN AS "MO") 

WHO WAS CRITICALLY INJURED WHEN A GIANT MONITOR FELL ON HIM AT THE HONG KONG'S COLISEUM DURING A "MIRROR BAND" CONCERT YESTERDAY. 

IT WAS REPORTED THAT HIS THIRD AND FOURTH VERTEBRA IS FRACTURED AND IT IS POSSIBLE HE COULD BE PARALYSED FROM THE NECK DOWN - IF THE INJURIES DO NOT HEAL PROPERLY. HIS HEAD AND LUNGS ARE ALSO INJURED. 

ALTHOUGH I DO NOT KNOW HIM, I REALLY PITY THIS YOUNG MAN. I PRAY FOR HIM AND I URGE YOU TO DO LIKEWISE. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

For you to realise how bad the injury was, you can watch this YouTube. But be warned, it could be traumatizing just to watch it. Watch it at your own risk! Perhaps you may recite "OM MAN PADME HUM" as you watch it. 


#MirrorBand #LeeKaiYin #HungryGhostMonth

I have previously also prayed for others in my channel - https://buddha-and-me.blogspot.com/2013/11/yes-yong-vui-kong-spared-death-sentence.html

Subsequent comment:

After publishing this post, I have went on to inform my various Buddhist groups. I am quite happy that a lady in a Theravada temple had immediately used my message to update her own WhatApps group to pray for Mo Lee Kai-Yin too. I am very happy to see her quick reaction, despite being a Theravada. On the other hand, I do not see such reaction in supposedly people who are Mahayana. It is true that in the teachings it is said that even though you listen to Mahayana teachings, or you usually go to Mahayana temples, or you wear Mahayana robes, nevertheless it does not mean you have the Mahayana spirit. On the contrary, someone who does not, could have more Mahayana spirit as compared to someone who does.  

No comments: