Monday, May 2, 2022

The Protecting Powers of Mother Achi Chokyi Drolma

I was on the way driving to KL last Saturday morning when an accident almost happened. 

I never liked driving long distances. Never. I usually preferred taking the express buses, trains or even take flights. In this case, I had to. I had the car checked and serviced 2 days before I drove down to KL. And I all these while, there was nothing wrong with the brakes. The tyres were okay. Just at about after the Ipoh tunnel, there were signboards for drivers to test their brakes. I checked and they were working well. For the last one hour, it was raining between heavy rain and slight rain. At that Ipoh tunnel, it was only a drizzle. So, it surprised me when the car suddenly went out of control - that is, it swerved left and right uncontrollably out of no apparent reason. I was shocked. I applied the brakes slowly and tried to take the car to the road side on the left. Thankfully, after awhile, again I am not sure what happened, but suddenly I was able to regain control of the car again and I was on the right track. I was also lucky that there were no nearby cars, otherwise I hate to think what might have happened. 

Before this journey, I was very aware and even conscious that I needed to do something to avoid any accidents. And so I started accumulating mantras, specifically Vajrasattva and Dorje Khadro mantras. And I chanted these 2 mantras all along the journey right from the start. But I wanted to relate a special incident that happened while I was praying to Avalokiteshvara Bodhisattva the previous night. While praying to her, suddenly there was an "inner voice" that told me to bring along the Achi Chokyi Drolma talisman with me during the journey. It was strange because I never had any thoughts or intention to bring the talisman with me at all. So, for me to have that sudden thought during praying to Kuan Yin was very strange. But I did just that. I brought along the talisman and put it in my top left shirt pocket. 

After the "swerving" incident, I recalled the talisman in my pocket and felt grateful for whatever blessings bestowed on me. On my part, I did put in effort to recite the purification mantras all along the journey (before and after as well). Every week I do make incense offering to Mother Achi. For any blessings showered upon me, no matter how little, I cannot be ungrateful. And for this reason, I want to officially thank Mother Achi for her kindness! Thank you, Great Mother  - Achi Chokyi Drolma! And I thank Vajrasattva, Dorje Khadro, and my other protectors as well.  

Thank you.

#AchiChokyiDrolma #protectors 

You may want to read this other post - https://buddha-and-me.blogspot.com/2009/02/visited-by-vajrapani.html 

No comments: