Friday, January 14, 2022

Maha Satipatthana Sutta Part 2: Feelings and Mind Contemplations

Today I bring you the next part of the Maha Satipatthana Sutta. I combined the sections on feelings and mind as each of these are short sections within the Scripture. The final section on Mental-objects contemplations is longer and I may have to split into 2 or even 3 chapters. Obviously the Buddha intended the first 3 contemplations as preparatory for the final mental-objects contemplations. The Buddha even elaborated on what are the obstacles during these contemplations and how to overcome them. He also touched on the factors of enlightenment. The importance of this 4 contemplations cannot be over-emphasised enough, as the Buddha repeated these 4 and applied them even in the Anapanasati Sutta. In the latter sutta, he elaborated on the breathing meditation which he touched briefly in the Maha Satipatthana Sutta. 


#mahasatipatthana #anapanasati #mindfulness #meditation

If you enjoy this post, do go on to other posts. I want to share with you my poems :  https://buddha-and-me.blogspot.com/2011/11/life-is.html

No comments: