Sunday, December 12, 2021

Ajahn Keng's deceased disciple returned in a heavenly chariot


Recently I watched this video teaching by Ajahn Keng. I believe he is a Singaporean. He was relating about one of his disciples before she passed away. She was dying from cancer and he had helped her just before her last moments. Apparently she was in a state of delirium and she regained her peace after the Venerable Ajahn Keng shouted back into her ears the word "Buddho". Shortly after that she passed away. After a few months later, Ajahn was somewhere in a forest monastery in Chiangmai, Thailand. It was evening time. Suddenly there a bright light and he saw a heavenly chariot/ carriage. In it was a goddess from the Chatumaharajika Heaven (note: this is the lowest heaven in the Buddhist cosmology). The goddess informed Ajahn that she was the former disciple of Ajahn and related to him who she was. She had come to thank him for what he did just prior to her death. After the brief meeting, the goddess disappeared and it was darkness again in the forest. The bright chariot was gone! 

Anyway, when I heard the story, immediately I remembered a dream I had sometime after my late grandmother passed away many years ago. At that time I was still a young kid. In the dream, she had been reborn in the heavens (although I do not know which heaven) and had returned to her former home outside the gates in a brightly lit chariot. So, in this sense, my dream collaborated or supported what Ajahn Keng said about the existence of heavenly chariot. I am not surprised at all of my late granny's heavenly rebirth. When she was alive, she was diligent in reciting Bodhisattva Kuan Yin's Name as well as the Great Compassion Mantra. It was she who first taught me on Kuan Yin Pu Sa's Name and the mantra. But mine was just a dream, whereas Ajahn Keng claimed an actual visit by the heavenly goddess. 

Please watch Ven. Ajahn Keng's video above. If you explore further, you will realise Ajahn's dharma talks often contains "interesting stories". But I leave that to you to believe or not. As far as the chariot is concerend, ...well... at least I have dreamt of it before. 

You may want to explore the other posts, such as this - https://buddha-and-me.blogspot.com/2013/01/dream-of-dakini-with-snakes.html

#heavenlydream #AjahnKeng  #death 

No comments: