Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mantras can heal

Continue from the previous blogpost, this is a teaching taken from Lama Yeshe's "Becoming the Compassion Buddha".

Quote:
Mantra, in particular, is most powerful; just blowing on sick peopleafter proper mantra recitation can heal them. I had an experience of this at Sera College when I was about fifteen years old. I had a bad infection in my mouth from some growing teeth; my cheek was very swollen. I went to see my uncle, a lama and while he recited a mantra, I would just sit there. This went on for a few days. Then one day, after reciting the mantra, he blew on my cheekand !- all the pus came out. That is the power of mantra.

By the way, I am not sure if it had anyway to do with what I did to my friend but after doing the "taking of illness" from my friend, since then my abdomen has been having problems fromt time to time. That's the thing about doing "giving and taking", Pabongkha Rinpoche had mentioned that if we do it properly, the sickness of the person can reduce and the person doing it will find that he has got the illness instead. So, it is very important that you have genuine bodhicitta, otherwise, you may end up cursing whoever you were helping.

No comments: