Thursday, June 29, 2023

Finally I completed all 5 copies of the Noble Sanghata Sutra

At about 3.06pm on 28 June 2023, I completed the 5th and final copy of the Noble Sanghata Sutra Dharmaparyaya. I dedicate whatever merits that may accrue from this deed to the following: -

- the swift rebirth of Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche. It makes sense to dedicate to him since it was him who gave me the writing of the Sanghata Sutra as a dharma practice. He said to complete 5 copies, and today (28 June 2023) I have fulfilled it. Except for 2 more practices, all the rest of the practices given to me have been completed. I am sorry that it took so long to complete these 5 sets. The longest was the first one. I wasn't really putting effort to complete it. Instead I was focusing on other practices that he had given. 

- Should my mother be reborn any of the lower realms, may my effort be of help to her to be reborn elsewhere in the upper realms, at least as a human being. I don't know but I have a strong suspicion that my mother had been reborn as an animal (a pigeon) at least briefly and then after that I have no idea. But I do sincerely hope that this Sanghata Sutra will help her in some ways to liberate her from the lower realms. When we are alive, we should do plenty of good deeds. Not just sporadically now and then. We should also develop strong dharma practice. All of these she has none. However, from my encouragement, she did recite the Mani mantra now and then. I hope that will help her too. It is also auspicious and timely that I can complete this 5th copy by this date because it marks the 100th day of the passing of my mother. This morning I went to the columbarium to make some food offerings for her and did some short prayers. So, if the Sanghata Sutra can liberate her, it means she only spends about 100 days (i.e. human days), in one of the lower realm rebirth. 

- May I and all sentient beings be able to get suitable jobs that will enable us to further our spiritual development as well as getting some income (in order that we are able to support ourselves and not dependent on dharma benefactors). I hope we all put in hard effort to be more serious in developing our spiritual progress, particularly those in the last phase of the human life (i.e. those age 50 and above).


By the way, from time to time, I may revise or update my previous posts. This blog post has been updated with a small comment at the bottom. https://buddha-and-me.blogspot.com/2013/02/can-you-still-commit-errors-after.html

#SanghataSutra #writingsutra #rebirth

No comments: