Sunday, January 29, 2023

Awakening Hermitage - Chinese New Year celebrations 2023


This is a short video recording giving a 360 degrees view of the place as well as a snapshot of the people and surrounding at the Chinese New Year gathering on 28 Jan. 2023.

The last photo shows an injured butterfly that I had taken out from a drain nearby. It was perching at the side wall of the drain. I was wondering why it would be doing so. There were others who saw it too but never came to their minds it could be injured. I suspected it could be injured, perhaps at one of the wings. Therefore, it could not fly. I lifted it up with a leaf and gently put it on a plant nearby. I did some "Namo Amitabha Buddha" chanting for it. Happy to be performing a true animal liberation! 

It made me think that if Buddhas and Bodhisattvas are just standing by the wayside and just watching us suffer, then what would be the hope of sentient beings? If nobody help the buttterfly and everyone just watching it, or ignoring it, what hope does it have?

Anyway, in this CNY gathering, I learned something new. I will share it when I have the time. It is a new perspective on the Buddhist five precepts, particularly its application on the modern world.  

Hope you explore other posts too, such as this - https://buddha-and-me.blogspot.com/2009/03/start-prostrations-ngondro-early.html

 #ChineseNewYear #AwakeningHermitage #animalliberation

No comments: