Sunday, August 28, 2022

3rd copy of Sangahata Sutra Dharmaprayaya has been completed

1. My 3rd copy of writing out the Sanghata Sutra has been completed on the 2 August 2022. 2 more to go. Since there is no Sutra writer that can be found within the flesh and bone body and there is "sutra" that can be found in the paper nor the ink, there is no merits or good karma to make out of writing out this Sutra. Be it as it is, nevertheless MAY ALL BE AUSPICIOUS! I have a short video of it, but I will not upload it here as the size is too big. 

2. Yesterday I marked Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva's birthday on the last day of the lunar 7th month. Previously I had also recited the entire Ksitigarbha Sutra and dedicated to the accomplishment of the bodhisattva's wishes and aims. 

3. I rejoice over the Singapore Government's repeal of Sec377A. Refer this news link - https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-62545577

However, the Prime Minister stressed that they will retain the meaning of the word "marriage" as between that of a man and a woman. In a blog post long time ago, I did write to state my view on this "marriage" definition too (refer the post in the link below), as in it should be confined to that of a man and a woman. It is, in fact, meaningless for same gender couples to marry as they cannot bear children. If it is just recognition and ceremony the couples want, they can still get those, without being regarded as "marriage". Perhaps, other words or terms may be more appropriate, whatever that word/term is.  

#SanghataSutra #Ksitigarbha #samesexmarriage

You may refer to my past blog post here to read more :  https://buddha-and-me.blogspot.com/search/label/Homosexuality 

No comments: