Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Long Life Prayer for Khenchen Konchog Gyaltsen

Using the meaning of his names ("Khenchen" = Great Preceptor; "Konchog" = Three Jewels; "Gyaltsen" = Victory Banner; "Rinpoche" = Precious One) as some of the forummers in e-sangha have translated to me earlier, and using the titles of his books (Prayer Flags, In Search of Stainless Ambrosia, Garland of Mahamudra, Great Kagyu Masters) this is a long life prayer which I have composed today for Khenchen Rinpoche. I hope it will be of some help to make him happy! But I apologise if the prayer is not properly composed. It's just a simple one, nothing fancy. I sincerely offer it to him. I hope he likes it.

















In the village of Tsari, prayer flags are flown and victory banners raised,

Searching for the stainless ambrosia for sentient beings,

You honour the great kagyu masters with a garland of mahamudra,

Great Preceptor, You who is equal to the three jewels, please live long for eons and eons!

composed on 26.8.2008 (10.45pm) which is 25th day of the Tibetan calendar, meaning it's Guru Puja day. I didnot purposely choose this day to write it, so it was so auspicious to make one of the greatest offering to a Guru (even though I didnot go for the puja).

One close friend of mine of many years described this longlife prayer I composed as simply "Beautiful!"

Link to Khenchen's biography: http://www.drikung.org/bio2.html


No comments: