Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bhagawan Sathya Sai Baba has passed away

My dearest Bhagawan Sathya Sai Baba has passed away at 7.40 am Indian time on Sunday 24 April 2011, and I am deeply saddened. I have no words to say. 7.40am Indian time is about 10.10am Malaysian time. An hour later, I fekt a deep sadness just thinking of Baba suddenly when I was driving in my car. The feeling was intense, I wanted to cry. It was not as intense prior to that. Now I know that has something to do with his actual passing away.

When I did the Medicine Buddha pujas for Lama Zopa Rinpoche, I dedicated it also to Sathya Sai Baba. I have recorded the deeds of Sathya Sai Baba elsewhere in my blog. Refer to the subject "Sai Baba". Sai Baba had often met with Tibetan lamas and he urged Buddhists to recite the Om Mani Padme Hum mantra. My close friend has these words to say, which are what I have in mind too right now.

May all the good that he has done for all sentient beings, all the good that he has inspired in others, be dedicated to the purification of all beings' afflictive emotions.

Anyway, now I have to do my part to ensure another guru does not "go away" that soon. And I am going to do Tara prayers for Rinpoche.

No comments: