Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tara Mantras to Help Avert Calamities

About last Sunday I have understood what the wrathful Tara dream was all about. Last Sunday I re-discovered the 21 Tara mantras. and it appears that this set of Tara mantra that I first knew of in my secondary school days, are different from those of the more popular ones often recited in FPMT centres. I checked and was surprised that the 21 mantras in the FPMT prayer book I have are different. At that discovery, I re-called the time when I first knew the Tara back in my schooling days. No wonder when I first read about the mantras in the FPMT center I sort of felt weird. But I didnot think about it much until lately.

Recently in my part of the world, there had been strong winds, heavy rain falls and destructive floods in the northern region of the country. Then there was the volcanic eruptions in Mt Merapi, Indonesia. What has all these got to do with Tara? Well...plenty!

According to this alternative set of 21 Tara mantras, there are specific mantras for us to recite to avert the such calamities. I provide below a few of these relevant mantras relevant for storms, tornadoes, cyclones, floods, earthquake, and volcanic eruptions.

Tara who Averts Disasters (e.g. all kinds of disasters)
Om Benza Tare Sarva Biganen Shindham Kuru Svaha

Tara who Averts Earth-born calamities (e.g. earthquake, tremours, etc)
Om Tare Tutare Ture Mama Sarva Lam Lam Bhaya Shindham Kuru Svaha

Tara who Averts Destruction Wrought by Water (floods, tsunami, heavy rain, etc)
Om Tare Tutare Ture Mama Sarva Bham Bham Dzala Bhaya Shindham Kuru Svaha

Tara who Averts Destruction Wrought by Fire (volcanic eruptions, lightning, etc)
Om Tare Tutare Ture Mama Sarva Ram Ram Dzala Bhaya Shindham Kuru Svaha

Tara who Averts Destruction Wrought by Wind (storms, cyclones, twisters, etc)
Om Tare Tutare Ture Mama Sarva Yam Yam Dzala Bhaya Shindham Kuru Svaha

I also hypothesised that these mantras can help in cases of sicknesses that are caused by the imbalance of the elements such as wind (stroke), fire (fever), water (dehidration), etc. I have not yet tried nor tested my hypothesis but anyone may try it. However the above mantras are not my own hypothesis but which I have came to know about a long time ago but re-discovered recently. If your area is having these problems, you can help recite the relevant mantras. Whether it works or not, depends really on the karma of yourself, the people you are trying to help and the benefit that it would bring if the mantra works and other factors not necessarily known to us.

I felt that Tara may have wanted me to share these mantras to others. Hence, I have included it in this blog. I hope it may be of use. Thank you, dear Tara!

No comments: