Wednesday, February 10, 2016

1,000,000 Migtsema and 100,000 Green Tara mantras

Today - Feb 10, 2016, history is made. It was supposed to be tomorrow but I did the sprint towards the finishing line and managed to complete one million Migtsema mantras and one hundred thousand Green Tara mantras. Actually I did more than more than that because I use the mala and one mala has 108 mantras. But if you take away 8 for errors and omissions, then there is only 100 mantras for one mala. So, it is only an estimate, not absolute numbers. To think that I managed to complete it and coinciding it with the celebration of Chotrul Duchen (Buddha's Days of Miracles) makes it even more auspicious!

I am so glad I have reached this important milestone in my life. And I have my own personal dedications and prayers for the 1,000,000 Migtsemas and 100,000 Green Taras. Amongst these wishes are for the good health and successful career of all my gurus, including His Holiness the Dalai Lama, my Tibetan Buddhism gurus and my Zen gurus.

Namo Amitabha!

No comments: