Sunday, June 15, 2014

Perfection of Mind and Body

Today I was feeling down for some worldly reasons. The Buddha took noticed and created an opportunity for me to discover a teaching on Samatha meditation, especially on what it means to have achieved Samatha or "Shi-nay" in Tibetan. In particular, I now know what are the signs prior to achieving this state. Therefore I want to thank the Buddha for giving me this teaching, through Gelek Rinpoche's book on meditation. It is said that when the student is ready, the teaching and teacher will appear. With this teaching, it gives me a renewed aspiration to go for this state of perfection of mind and body. It's usually called "pliancy of the mind and body". 

Thank you to Buddha Sakyamuni who is my Spiritual Father! Although this is really a worldly celebration, nevertheless, I thought it appropriate to wish Buddha Sakyamuni "Happy Father's Day!" 

No comments: