Saturday, September 10, 2011

Last Words & Relics of Zen Master Seung Sahn Part2



Part 1 is in the youtube. Having seen his relics and been told of his stories, all doubts on his morality and enlightenment are now cleared. I now believe there is a purpose he did what he did. And it was only to benefit others. That's always in his thoughts. And the same for Chogyam Trungpa. Zen Master Dae Bong related a story on him too and even though the story has nothing to do with morality, it was clear the master was imprssed with this tantric master, which he expressed as "extraordionary" (I think). Hence, there is no blemish now in how I think of Seung Sahn Sunim. He is nothing other than Great Wisdom and Compassion! Anyway, for those who still doubted him, he did displayed the aspect of doing repentance for his misdeeds, if any, and he came clean with it. The end result of all that is a code of conduct for the entire Zen school, which is a good thing. And I thank him for still reaching out to me even after 7 years of his parinirvana. When I put Zen in "cold storage" some years back, I knew there is a purpose in my meeting him and receiving the teachings. Now it is clear that there is indeed a purpose in my foray into Zen.

I put my palms together and bow to Seung Sahn Sunim for not giving up on me! With his teachings and what I have learned so far, I have understood Zen and Tibetan Buddhism better. He would have been proud of me now for attending the retreat and survived! Thank you so much!

No comments: