Wednesday, July 7, 2010

HAPPY 75th BIRTHDAY!


Yesterday was His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama's 75th birthday. This time I have strong feelings of celebrating his birthday. I do not know why and so I bought a birthday card for him and intend to send it to him Perhaps I must have felt that His Holiness is getting old, and I am not sure how many more years he is going to live. I dread to see him "go" because his next reincarnation will doubtlessly be contested by China's government. They will very likely choose and install their own puppet "Dalai Lama". Then again we will have two Dalai Lamas, just as we have 2 Panchen Lamas and 2 Karmapas.

Our karma is getting worse. So I pray the present Dalai Lama will stay strong and healthy and able to continue his activities for many many more years to come.

There is a 2 hour webcast in http://www.dalailama.com/ that enables viewers to see his celebration yesterday in Dharamsala, India. Check it out.

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY DEAREST HOLINESS!

No comments: