Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Samantabhadra's Elephant

Samantabhadra or "Pu Xian Pu Sa" in chinese rides on a six-tusks white elephant with 7 limps (legs?) according to Samantabhadra Contemplation Sutra. Many years ago, I had a dream of this elephant, but never told anyone until now. That was sometime after I had read the Sutra. In the dream it was very clear. The elephant was exactly the way the Sutra described it. I am very blessed to be granted a vision by this holy creature of this great bodhisattva. I know people must be thinking that perhaps I have wild imaginations. Perhaps, but how many persons who have read the sutra had subsequently dreamed of the elephant? This picture is supposedly taken at the Samantabhadra Temple at Mount Er Mei in China. I plan to visit it one day. I pray to Pu Xian Pu Sa that I may be blessed with the opportunity to visit it soon.

pic source:
http://bluenaturenetwork.com/DharmaMasterNanHuaichin/Samantabhadra.htm
and http://www.prometheus.med.utah.edu/

No comments: